“Scouting is a character factory.” Not our words, but those of our lead volunteer, Chief Scout Bear Grylls. Are you ready to inspire a generation of young people to experience fun, friendship and real adventure?
Most of our volunteers work directly with young people aged 6-18 through our Beaver, Cub, Scout and Explorer groups, known as sections – helping young people gain skills for life through activities and adventures.
Working in teams, they might:
- Welcome young people and families to sessions and events
- Make sure everyone’s safe, supported, included and having fun
- Help to plan and lead activities
- Get involved with days out, camps and expeditions
- Share and learn skills – from coding to cake decorating to canoeing
- Celebrate young people’s achievements big and small
No previous experience with young people? No problem. Whether you’d like to help out week-after-week or whenever-you-can, we provide training, learning opportunities and cups of tea – every step of the way.
The opportunities to volunteer with us are flexible. Think of something you’d like to do and chances are it’s just what we require, so if you feel you could help Scouting at 3rdCB in any way, please complete the form below.
The Scout Association has an effective, well tried and tested system for vetting adults coming into the Movement to protect young people (including DBS checks). This is mandatory for most volunteers, we can help you through the process and there’s no cost for voluntary organisations.