Update: 16 March 2020: I have no doubt that you will by now by aware of the most recent briefing from the Prime Minister. I had hoped to provide a more comprehensive update in a few days’ time however the District Commissioner has taken the decision that all section meetings should cease for the time being.
Sadly at this time there will be no section meetings until further notice.
Members of the Senior Leadership Team are meeting tomorrow to discuss the impact of the latest advice in particular on future planned events. I will provide you all with a full update in a few days.
Update posted 7 March 2020
It has been hard to avoid the developing news in respect of the Coronavirus. I wanted to inform you that that we are following the guidance issued by Public Health England for educational settings and The Scout Association.
In response to the current advice the leadership at 3rd Chalkwell Bay will:
- Promote basic health and hygiene at section meetings and events, in respect of:
- Washing of hands
- Display within the Den appropriate information from Public Health England and the Department for Health;
- Establish a hand sanitiser station in the lobby for use when entering the Den;
- Continue to deliver a full Scouting Programme with due consideration to the latest advice issued by Public Health England and The Scout Association.
I would ask that you follow the advice from Public Health England and also inform your Section Leader as soon as possible if you or your child:
- Feel unwell and believe that you or they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; OR
- Has recently returned from Italy, China or Korea.
Finally, and I apologise for asking what I am sure would be seen as obvious in normal circumstances, please if you or your child has been absent from school or college for feeling unwell then please do not attend your section meeting.
Should you have any questions in respect of our approach then please contact your Section Leader direct.
Group Scout Leader